Sunday, May 24, 2020

Author A. Piper Burgi Makes A Visit

A. Piper Burgi is this week's author, so let's find out a little bit about her!




VIRTUAL AUTHOR VISIT WITH A. PIPER BURGI
A. Piper Burgi is the author of several non-fiction books and recently added five historical fiction novels to her ever-expanding collection of published writings. Her debut novel, IN THE SHADOW OF HER MAJESTY, was a Golden Book Award Semi-Finalist, and Readers' Favorite Book Reviews named her women's fiction novel THE COUNTRY GIRL EMPRESS "...a must-read for historical fiction fans who can appreciate the imperial intrigues…"

She is also a member of the Historical Novel Society, the Independent Author Network, an Air Force Veteran, and a military spouse; plus a busy doggie mommy, a cook, a chauffeur - you get the picture. When she is not busy chasing after her three furry children or holding on tightly to a good cup of coffee, she can be found typing away on her computer.


About IMPERIAL DIARY – A COUNTRY GIRL EMPRESS NOVEL (Book 4 of the series)
Publication date: 16 Mar 2020
Publisher: Independently Published
Genre: Historical Fiction/Historical Person
The sudden, violent death of Sisi’s only son, Crown Prince Rudolph at his hunting lodge Mayerling, shakes the Empire to its core. The fact that the dead body of his teenaged mistress is found next to him makes the scandal complete. Does this tragedy mark the end of the Danube monarchy, since Rudolph only had a daughter?

Buy the book: IMPERIAL DIARY – A COUNTRY GIRL EMPRESS

Note: All four books of the Country Girl Empress series (Kindle version only) are currently on sale at: https://www.amazon.com/A-Piper-Burgi/e/B00D358KYM

Interview with A. Piper Burgi

How long have you been writing fiction? When did you start?
I’ve been scribbling as long as I’ve known how to write. But I started writing seriously nearly a decade ago and added fiction writing to my repertoire four years later.

Why did you start —what triggered your writing?
I began writing in my spare time shortly after my mother suddenly passed away. Just a few months prior, she had asked for my help to get her memoirs published, but neither one of us had any idea where to begin. As I worked hard to keep my promise to my late mother, I needed to create some balance between the sad memories of my mother’s passing and my active lifestyle. And I found that when writing my stories. Before I knew it, I was entirely consumed by this new pastime.

What stimulates your creativity or serves as writing inspiration? Conversely, what creates a major writer’s block for you?
Many define writer’s block as their imaginary friends refusing to talk to them. Thankfully, so far, mine haven’t stopped talking to me for too long – knock on wood! I can’t rightfully claim that any one thing or situation stimulates my creativity, but rather my mind is constantly churning out ideas, and most of them I capture and incorporate into my writings.

Some techniques that have worked for me in the past: Setting deadlines, exercising, taking a break, going outdoors, talking to people around me, reading, and working on my manuscript back to front.

Do you have any writing totems? Superstitions? Strange routines? Things you do or have to have around you when you begin your writing process?
There’s no writing for me before my first cup of coffee in the morning, and I love to be surrounded by my dogs.

Do you keep a journal? If so, how often do you write in it? Is it for personal reflection, for tracking writing ideas or both? How do you use it?
The only journal I ever kept was the seizure diary for my two epi-warriors, Lana and Darren. In it, I kept track of all their activities, unusual behaviors, potential seizure triggers, and, of course, their seizure activity. It certainly helped my husband, and I provide detailed information to their veterinarian, which in turn assisted in providing them with the best possible care they required. After their passing, this journal became a valuable resource when I wrote my canine health book LIVING WITH CANINE EPILEPSY.

No comments:

Post a Comment